Sunday, February 5, 2023

On Becoming a Teacher

 

Becoming a teacher was not really my ambition back then. Though I love being in front of audiences, I was not seeing myself talking and inculcating ideas to middle-aged humans, even more so to dealing hyperactive kids. But when I started to create hyper squads my own, I didn’t notice that I already made our house into a little classroom. Then I found myself making reading materials and other manipulatives for my two sons. Then I was saying, “Teaching is no easy job at all, yet the feeling of fulfillment when your children are learning is really empowering”. Then I saw something positive amidst the COVID pandemic in 2021, this online learning. So, I gave a wild try since I only had to attend classes virtually and submit tasks through online platform provided by Visayas State University which the VSUEE or the Visayas State University E-Learning Environment. But this mode of learning didn’t last long, face to face classes were back as we started our second-year journey in the university. Then the real struggles began showing off. Head-cracking activities and hectic academic schedules are an everyday occurrence. And after a couple of months, that’s my normal life already. My weekly routine revolves VSU, dorm and home only. One week in school, then one week at home, and vice-versa.

All of these hardships right now are just a preparatory phase on becoming a license and professional teacher someday. I can’t quit now, or else I can’t make it for the rest of my life. I have to instill so much amount of motivations in me to keep myself going and reach the finish line – our graduation day. I know that this is not yet the real battle, since after graduation the real battle is just about to start. Taking and passing licensure examination or the LET is just another battle to fight on becoming a professional educator. However, whatever circumstances that might lie ahead of us, we will surely reflect everything we have learned during our stay in VSU Tolosa. The globally competitive teachers and their teaching approaches, the kind of learning environment that honed us into a competitive future educator, and of course the good values they have instilled upon us even from the very beginning. Kind of values that will make us reach our full potential as efficient, reliable, and exemplar educators to our future learners.

For now, thank you VSU Tolosa for this wonderful opportunity!











No comments:

Post a Comment

On Becoming a Teacher

  Becoming a teacher was not really my ambition back then. Though I love being in front of audiences, I was not seeing myself talking and in...